Author Topic: Mt Thomas by GuanoGerbil  (Read 1308 times)

Mt Thomas by GuanoGerbil
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
After driving down from Picton this morning, this was a nice little leg stretcher. Set up the tent at the lovely campground at the bottom. Made all the nicer as I had it all to myself - apart from the sandflies of course!
The walk up was fairly relentless and most of it through pine forest - not terribly inspiring. Nicer up higher once you get up above the trees, and the 360 degree views were spectacular. Could even just pick out Tapi way off in the distance (eat your heart out Vino!). A bit under an hour up at a leisurely pace, then back down the same way for a swim at the campground (a stinking hot day).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:05:58 AM by GuanoGerbil »
'There is always a risk in being alive, and if you are more alive, there is more risk' -Ibsen

Re: Mt Thomas by GuanoGerbil
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 06:27:55 AM »
After driving down from Picton this morning, this was a nice little leg stretcher. Set up the tent at the lovely campground at the bottom. Made all the nicer as I had it all to myself - apart from the sandflies of course!
The walk up was fairly relentless and most of it through pine forest - not terribly inspiring. Nicer up higher once you get up above the trees, and the 360 degree views were spectacular. Could even just pick out Tapi way off in the distance (eat your heart out Vino!). A bit under an hour up at a leisurely pace, then back down the same way for a swim at the campground (a stinking hot day).

Me eat my heart out?  Man I though you would be upset you missed out on bagging Mt Zion with me again!!  ;D