Author Topic: Tuesday evenings  (Read 1792 times)

Tuesday evenings
« on: March 29, 2011, 01:27:11 PM »
Every Tuesday a group of us walk up Kakepuku. The original 2 members have been doing it since 2008, with a regular group of about 7 doing it now and about an extra 7 who sometimes come along. Anyone is welcome to join us, we are usually at the carpark about 6.15pm.

Re: Tuesday evenings
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:49:37 AM »
Sounds like fun. Can't make it tonight, but maybe another week. What sort of people turn up for it - do I need to bring my running shoes, or can I bring the Merry Gerblings along with me for an easy stroll?
'There is always a risk in being alive, and if you are more alive, there is more risk' -Ibsen

Re: Tuesday evenings
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 09:43:33 AM »
Sounds like fun. Can't make it tonight, but maybe another week. What sort of people turn up for it - do I need to bring my running shoes, or can I bring the Merry Gerblings along with me for an easy stroll?

I just tackled Kakepuku on Sunday.  I brought Mr 11 and Mr 7 with me, they both did fine.  The hike is reasonably relentless (e.g. very few ups & downs - they're mostly ups) but not overly demanding. 

I found the track to be one of the ones most in need of some TLC - it definitely needs some work, and wasps were a problem.  Still, a lovely hike overall.  :)

Hope this helps with your judgement!