Author Topic: Re: Bagged it..........This was my climb number 1  (Read 2539 times)

Re: Bagged it..........This was my climb number 1
« on: May 25, 2008, 01:50:20 AM »
Its a good trip aye Leah!!!

This track is very interesting and varied with some steep sections but generally not too bad. It starts at the end of Kauaeranga Valley Rd and climbs up beside a river on good track.  You cross over the river a couple of times on swing bridges before hitting the steep and wet stone staircase which eventually pushes you above the bushline and to the hut.

Then the final steep push to the pinnacles summit (752m asl?) which rewards with great views across to table mountain and Pauanui. (anyone - can you still climb table mountain??? I heard the track was closeed years ago as it was just insanely boggy)

5 hours all up for us.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 05:43:28 PM by vinodrinker »

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 06:25:34 PM »
pretty sure the new topo maps don't even show table mountain track.

done the pinnicles a few times, both winter and summer, day trips and overnight at the hut. Each time has been a unique trip, and will never get bored of it (I hope)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 02:51:20 AM by nzsnowchick »

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 08:47:39 AM »
Then the final steep push to the pinnacles summit (752m asl?) which rewards with great views across to table mountain and Pauanui. (anyone - can you still climb table mountain??? I heard the track was closeed years ago as it was just insanely boggy)

5 hours all up for us.
I just love the view of the back of my head Craig ...