What is peak bagging?
Peak Bagging is an addictive pastime which involves hiking to every summit in a collection of mountains. In Scotland, peak bagging is known as ‘munro bagging’, and over 4000 people have completed the entire list of 284 Scottish munros (with many thousands more having bagged at least one or two munros). We fell in love with munro bagging during a walking holiday in Scotland, so we set about creating our own New Zealand peak bagging list!
Our walks are from all over New Zealand, and we feature maps, walking routes, and transport information on many of our peak pages. So welcome, we hope you enjoy peak bagging as much as we do!
- Check out the North Island list for the most accessible and complete list
- Try the South Island list for some more peaks
- For more information, check out our FAQ and Peaks Classification pages
- Check out our leaderboard to see who has bagged the most peaks!
- Log your peaks and add trip reports in our forums
- Like us on Facebook
Congratulations goes to…Recent peaks bagged by our members:
Lostcourse bagged Hirakimata.
Lostcourse bagged Tamahunga, Mt.
krufu bagged Ben Lomond.
Rubberduck-e bagged Herbert, Mt.
Rubberduck-e bagged Bradley, Mt.